Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Have Your self a Aussie Little X'mas


I just love Australian X'mas cards. With all the heat and sunshine we have up here in North Queensland at X'mas, it's hard to think of Snowman and Snowflakes. Thats why the Happy Christmas Mate stamp set is perfect for both friends here and abroad. These two cards have been created for my last CWA workshop. The Koala card is using Real Red, Whisper White and the Green Galore colour combo, with the Swiss Dots cuttlebug embossing folder. The layout is based on an old Mojo Monday sketch.

My second card uses Ruby Red, Always Artichoke, and Cool Carribean. All images have been coloured using the Water Colour crayons on water colour paper. The designer paper down the bottom has been paper pierced, and before putting Surfin' Santa down, I have used Crystal Effects on his beard and lights, then sprinkled over Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The circle is outlined to match the stamp with a black Writer pen as is the verse.

1 comment:

  1. Such adorable cards ... I wouldn't want to part with them. Thanks for saying hi on my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete