Thursday, September 24, 2009

More X'mas Cards




Hi fellow cardmakers,
I have a couple of more X'mas cards for you today. I have borrowed this stamp set off a friend (thx Brenda) only now I have fallen in love with it and must have one of my own.
The second card is done using the colours of So Saffron and Brocade Blue. I have actually cased this colour scheme off the Splitcoast Stampers site, the designers name is Lori Boyd. Notice how the background has been stamped first with Whisper white and Brocade blue before being embossed with the Cuttlebug. I have stamped the tree in versamark onto gloss cardstock and ran a brayer inked with Brocade Blue backwards and forwards on the surface. This resist technique has a real magic feel to it when your stamped image starts to materialize from the card.
My first card uses Riding Hood Red and Garden green, colours that are pretty traditional as far as Christmas goes. The only difference here is that before embossing my Whisper white cardstock through the Cuttlebug, I inked the the inside of the folder with my Red ink pad. I rubbed it on the surface that has the brand name. When it cames out the snowfakes remain white but the debossed area has changed colour. A little messy but very effective.
Enjoy
Lv Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment