Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Card in a Box





Hi Stampers, 

I know I can't help myself, the card in a box is my all time favourite technique.  Here I have used it with this great beer mug stamp (sorry non SU ).  I made this card for a friend yesterday without the 
21 on it though, and I think he really liked it so I decided it was worth it to make some more.  
Thought the word bubble dies from Stampin Up were a great edition to the design.  I even managed to find a little puff appliqué in my stash to make the froth more realistic.  Hope this inspires you to give it a go.  
Measurements for the card in a box size that I have used are as follows.
- start with A4 card and place on simply score horizontal across the top.
- score at 7, 14, 21, 28 cm
- turn 90 degrees and score again at 7 cm
- remove from score pal and cut at 15 cm ensuring that you measure this from the same side that you scored your last 7 cm 
- from the remainder scrap card cut a piece at 10.5 cm from the side where the 28cm score was made.
- cut this small piece in half lengthwise this will from your two bridges 
- cut with scissors on each of the score lines made on the narrower side up to the centre score line. 
- trim away the small tab before adhering the box side together.
- fold the two bridges into z shapes and apply glue before sitting them inside the box
- decorate as desired.






No comments:

Post a Comment